To get a free wireless service from Life Wireless or any other Lifeline provider, you must be qualified for the Lifeline Assistance program.
In general, if you participate in any of the following government programs, you are qualified for wireline or wireless assistance.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Section 8 Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
Qualifying government programs for residents of Federally-recognized Tribal lands:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribally Administered TANF
- Head Start (meeting income-qualifying standards)
In addition, residents of California can apply if receiving benefits from any of the following programs:
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8.
- Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only).
- Tribal TANF.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKS).
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW).
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKS).
Another option to qualify for the Life Wireless free phone service if your income is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
The Federal Lifeline Assistance Program has some restrictions; the discount is limited to one per household and is non-transferable. To know more about this government program, you can check out the free cell phones for seniors and low income.
You May Also Like
Assurance Wireless phones
Access Wireless free phones
SafeLink Wireless Free Phones
Q Link Wireless phones 2021
Verizon Wireless free government phone
AT&T plans for seniors 2021
Life Wireless Free Phone Plans for Low-Income FamiliesLife Wireless offers a free phone and free cell phone service for the Lifeline qualifying customers in twenty-nine states, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. Life Wireless offers no-contract plans that include nationwide calling, which means you’ll never pay domestic long-distance charges or roaming charges. Also, you get a free 911 Service. Life Wireless free plans vary from one state to another.
In Illinois, Texas, and most of the served states, Life Wireless offers the following plan:
Free 1000 minutes, free unlimited text and Multimedia messages, plus free 3GB of data.
California is the winning state; it has the free unlimited plan, which offers:
Free unlimited minutes, unlimited text and multimedia messages, plus free 3GB of data.
There another free plan available for California residence and offers:
Free unlimited minutes, unlimited text messages, 100 Multimedia messages, plus free 3GB of data.
But why you choose less while you can get more!
Note: With all Life Wireless free phone plans, unused data will not carry over from month to month.
Life Wireless EBB Plan
Now Life Wireless offers the Life Wireless unlimited plan, which combines the free Lifeline service and the EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefits) program for low income households.
What does the Life Wireless unlimited plan offer?
- Free Android smartphone (for new customers only).
- Free unlimited minutes, texts, and 30GB of high-speed data.
- Free 10GB monthly Mobile Hotspot data.
- Call Waiting.
- 3-way calling.
- Caller ID Service.
Life Wireless Service States
It offers free phone service in 31 states:
Arkansas – AR, Arizona – AZ, Colorado – CO, Connecticut – CT, California – CA, Georgia – GA, Indiana - IN, Illinois - IL, Iowa – IA, Kentucky – KY, Kansas – KS, Louisiana – LA, Michigan – MI, Maine - ME, Maryland – MD, Missouri – MO, Minnesota – MN, North Dakota – ND, Nevada – NV, Ohio – OH, Oklahoma – OK, Puerto Rico – PR, Pennsylvania – PA, Rhode Island – RI, South Carolina – SC, Utah – UT, Texas – TX, Washington – WA, Wisconsin – WI, West Virginia – WV.
Life Wireless ADD-ONS
Life Wireless Top-Up Plans:
Minutes Add-Ons: Additional minutes are available for 30 days, with no rollover.
- Get 100 voice minutes for $4.
- Get 500 voice minutes for $12.
- Get 1000 voice minutes for $20.
Life Wireless Data Add-Ons: Additional megabytes are available for 30 days, with no rollover.
- Get 100 MB of data for $4.
- Get 500 MB of data for $15.
- Get 1 GB of data for $20.
Contact Life Wireless Customer Service:
Life Wireless customer service number: 1-888-543-3620
Life Wireless Free PhonesWhat kind of phone do you get with Life Wireless?
With Life Wireless, you have the option to bring your own phone. The phone must be compatible with the Life Wireless network (most AT&T and unlocked GSM phones are compatible phones).
Life Wireless SIM Card
If you bring your own phone, Life Wireless will give you a free SIM card.
Life Wireless PhonesIf you don’t have a compatible phone, Life Wireless will give you a free phone. It offers phones and smartphones from brands like LG, Alcatel, Blue, HP, Huawei, Lenovo, Motorola, Nokia, Pantech, Samsung, Siemens, and ZTE. But the phone you get depends on availability.
Life Wireless Compatible PhonesWhat phones are compatible with life wireless?
Life Wireless Compatible Phones
- AT&T Pantech Breeze II.
- AT&T Fusion 2.
- Samsung A777 Unlocked GSM Phone.
- ZTE F160 Unlocked GSM Phone.
Life Wireless Replacement Phones
If your free phone is lost, stolen, or malfunctioning, you can request a Life Wireless replacement phone by calling customer service at 1-888-543-3620. In case of a lost or stolen phone, you may pay a $35 replacement fee and get your new phone within 24 business hours.
What is life wireless? Or What carrier does life wireless use?
Life Wireless is an MNVO that runs on AT&T’s network and provides free wireless service to the free government phone eligible customers. It offers a free smartphone and a free cell phone service, which vary by state.
How do I check my minutes on Life Wireless? Or find out how many minutes you have left in the month?
- You can click the Check balance button in your MyLifeWireless app on your phone.
- You can call the Customer Service at 1-888-543-3620 or by dialing 611.
How much data does life Wireless provide?
The EBB plan from LifeWireless includes 30 GB of high-speed data, unlimited talk, and text.
Is Life Wireless legit?
Life Wireless is one of the Lifeline free cell phone service providers, and now is an approved Emergency Broadband Benefit Program and offers a better plan to help eligible households stay connected.
Can I Put the Life Wireless SIM card in another phone?
If the phone is unlocked and compatible with the Life Wireless network.
Does life Wireless have Internet?
Life Wireless uses its underlying carriers to provide a high-quality internet service.