To receive the Verizon Lifeline discount you’ve to be eligible for the Lifeline Program, which is a government program that offers discounts on the monthly phone bill through cell phone providers like Verizon Wireless or offers completely free cell phone service through providers like Safelink Wireless and Assurance Wireless.
Verizon Lifeline Discount ProgramThe Lifeline program eligibility varies by state and citizens can subscribe based on low-income or based on receiving benefits from government assistance programs like Medicaid, Food Stamps, or Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8).
If you need more information about the Lifeline program, visit the free phones for seniors.
Verizon Wireless Lifeline Covers the Following States
Verizon Wireless offers the Lifeline discount in Iowa, North Dakota, New York, and Wisconsin; not all areas in these states are covered by the Lifeline service.
Lifeline Program Restrictions
- No more than one Lifeline discount is allowed per household.
- The customer's address must be in an area where Verizon Lifeline service is available.
- If you are eligible you can receive Lifeline benefits from only one service provider and get a discount on the phone or the internet, not both.
Verizon Wireless offers one cell phone plan for the Lifeline cell phone qualified customers, which called the $25 plan.
Verizon $25 Lifeline Plan
To get this plan after qualifying for the Lifeline program, you’ll need a compatible cell phone. The plan cost is $15.75 per month after the discount and there’s a $35 one-time activation fee, Tribal Land subscribers can get a 100% discount of the customer's one-time activation fee. The plan includes:
- 1000 monthly anytime minutes.
- Unlimited text messaging.
- Unlimited nights and weekends.
- Domestic long-distance calls are included.
- Unlimited Local Mobile to Mobile Calling Minutes.
- Overages: After the plan minutes run out, you’ll pay 45¢ per minute.
- To know more you can check out the Verizon page.
Verizon Lifeline Home Phone DiscountLifeline qualifying customers are eligible to get a discount on their home phone monthly plan cost. And if you live in Tribal lands, you may get an additional discount on the home phone service, and the new home phone service installation charges.
Verizon offers one home phone plan for Lifeline qualifying customers. This plan includes unlimited minutes, domestic long-distance calls, and cost $10.74 per month after the Lifeline discount is applied and you’ll pay $35 one-time activation fees. To get this plan after qualifying for the Verizon Lifeline program, you’ll need a home phone device. Tribal Land qualifying customers may receive additional discounts and benefits.
Verizon home phone Lifeline covers certain areas in the following states
Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia.
Recommended: Check out the Verizon Landline Service plans
How to Apply for Verizon Lifeline Assistance Program
- Qualifications for the Lifeline government program vary from a state to another.
- You may apply online via the Lifeline National Verifier.
- If you get Lifeline eligibility by the Lifeline National Verifier, you need to contact Verizon at 1-800-Verizon to select your service (phone or internet) and begin receiving the Verizon Lifeline discount.
Verizon Wireless Government Free PhoneWe’ve received many questions about Verizon Wireless government free phone or does Verizon offer free government phones. There is no free government cell phone Verizon offers but Verizon does offer a $9.25 discount on the monthly phone service and other discounts on the internet service for Lifeline qualifying.
Recommended: Check out the Verizon phones for seniors
Check out the free government internet and laptop
Verizon Internet for Low Income FamiliesLow-income Lifeline qualifying customers will get a $20 monthly discount on Verizon Fios internet service. Also, Verizon will waive the router rental charges for 60 days and offers other Fios benefits and promotional offerings for the qualifying Lifeline customers, depending on availability at the time they apply for the discount.
Verizon Fios Home Internet for Low Income Seniors
- 200/200 Mbps for $19.99 per month with autopay.
- 400/400 Mbps for $39.99 per month with autopay.
- Up to 940/880 Mbps for $59.99 per month with autopay.
How to Get the Verizon Internet Discount for Low Income
- Apply for the Lifeline program.
- Order the Fios plan that’s right for you once your eligibility is confirmed.
- Call 1-800-VERIZON within 90 days to receive the discount.