You can bring your phone, which must be compatible with the Consumer Cellular network. Most of the phones that work with AT&T or T-Mobile can work with the Consumer Cellular GSM network.
You’ll get a free SIM and can activate your compatible phone without any activation fees.
If you want to buy a new phone from Consumer Cellular, it doesn’t have a wide cell phone selection when compared to the major cell phone providers. But it offers simple-to-use phones and some of the latest Apple and Samsung smartphones.
Consumer Cellular Phones for SeniorsConsumer Cellular used to provide the Doro cell phones, which are designed with seniors in mind and comes with many senior-friendly features and safety features. The latest Doro cell phone offered by Consumer Cellular is the Doro 7050.
Consumer Cellular Doro 7050
The Doro 7050 is one of the Consumer Cellular phones for seniors that are specially designed flip cell phones for seniors and allows you to answer with a simple flip. As a senior-friendly phone it comes with big buttons that have large numbers, the screen displays easy-to-read fonts, amplified sound, and is hearing aid compatible. For added peace of mind, it has an emergency alert button.
Doro 7050 Features
- Easy to use buttons.
- A colorful 2.8-inch screen that displays big fonts.
- Additional external display.
- Amplified sound.
- Hearing aid compatible.
- Emergency Alert button.
- Long lifetime battery that stands for up to 14.5 hours of talk time.
- Bluetooth capable.
- 3MP Camera with flash.
- Supports up to 64 GB Micro SD card.
You can get this Consumer Cellular flip phone for seniors at $50 and any monthly plan from Consumer Cellular. For more information check out the Doro 7050 review.
Consumer Cellular Link
The Consumer Cellular Link is one of the Consumer Cellular flip phones for seniors that comes with a clear, colorful display and a large, easy-to-use keypad. The phone has an additional screen to show time, alerts, and notifications. You can take photos with the built-in 2 MP camera and can use it hands-free with the support of Bluetooth technology. The phone is offered by Consumer Cellular for $30 as a one-time payment.
Consumer Cellular Link Features
- Clear, colorful main display.
- Large, easy-to-use keypad
- An external screen to display notifications.
- Built-in 2MP camera.
- Bluetooth capable.
- Supports up to 32.0 GB external SD card memory.
- Integrated FM Radio.
- Compatible with M4 and T4 hearing aids.
- A battery that stands up to 14 hours of talk time.
The GRANDPAD is a simple tablet for seniors that is powered by Consumer Cellular and comes with an 8-inch high definition display, dual loudspeakers, and a handy stylus for easy navigation. This tablet is designed to be easy-to-use by seniors who have difficulties dealing with smartphones. With the GRANDPAD, seniors can be connected to their family and friends. Also, they can surf the web, emails, take photos, and videos.
- 8-inch HD display.
- Large fonts and buttons.
- Dual speakers with clear volume.
- A handy stylus for navigation.
- Web browser.
- A wireless charging cradle.
- Easy setup guide.
The GRANDPAD is offered by Consumer Cellular for $250 as a one-time payment or with the EASYPAY $10 today and $10 for 24-month installments.
You can buy the expensive Consumer Cellular smartphones with the EASYPAY service, which is a scheduled monthly payment service.
Consumer Cellular Compatible phones
Consumer Cellular Doro 824 SmartEasy ReviewThe Doro 824 SmartEasy is a simplified Android smartphone and considered one of the best smartphones for seniors. The phone comes with 5 inches touchscreen and is loaded with a simplified user interface that ensures ease of use. The Doro 824 SmartEasy has an adjustable amplified volume setting, an emergency alert button to call for help when needed, and a pre-installed Manager App; which is a step-by-step guide to learn how to use the phone.
Consumer Cellular Doro 824 SmartEasy Features Review
- Simple user interface.
- 5-inch high definition touchscreen.
- Quad-core processor.
- 4G LTE.
- 8MP primary rear camera, 2.0MP front-facing camera.
- 1GB RAM.
- 8GB internal memory storage
- Supports up to 32 GB Micro SD card.
- Emergency alert button.
- Adjustable volume settings.
- Supports Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and built-in FM Radio.
Consumer Cellular AARP Benefits
AARP member can get discounts and other benefits from Consumer Cellular
- 5% discount off monthly service fees.
- 30 % off of select phone accessories.
- Increase the risk-free money-back guarantee to 45 days.
For more information check out the AARP phones for seniors.
Network and Coverage
Consumer Cellular uses both AT&T and T-Mobile networks to provide wireless services. It provides reliable nationwide coverage and full LTE data speeds, but you can expect data throttling after the consumption of 20GB in a month.
Consumer Cellular Plans 2021Consumer Cellular offers cheap no-contract cell phone plans for seniors that start at $15 per month. It offers talk-only plans and Connect plans, which include talk, text, and data.
Consumer Cellular Talk Plans
If you don’t need text and data, Consumer Cellular offers talk-only plans that start as low as $15 per month for 250 minutes. With Consumer Cellular you get either 250 minutes or unlimited minutes. Below is the talk plans' pricing for a single line.
- Get 250 minutes for $15/month.
- Get unlimited talk for $20/month.
You can add additional lines, this will be explained in the shared plans section.
Consumer Cellular Connect Plans - Plans with Talk, Text, and Data
All the connect plans offer unlimited text, and the minutes and data allotments determine the plan cost.
Monthly service plans for a Single line
- 250 minutes, unlimited text, and 500 MB of data for $20 per month.
- 250 minutes, unlimited text, and 3 GB of data for $25 per month.
- 250 minutes, unlimited text, and 10 GB of data for $35 per month.
- 250 minutes, unlimited text, and 15 GB of data for $45 per month.
- 250 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data for $55 per month.
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 500 MB of data for $25 per month.
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 3 GB of data for $30 per month.
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 10 GB of data for $40 per month.
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 15 GB of data for $50 per month.
- Unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data for $60 per month.
Consumer Cellular Family and Shared Plans
You can add additional lines to your account. After choosing a talk or connect monthly plan you can add a second and the third line for $15/month per line.
How does it work?
- The maximum allowed number of lines per account is 3.
- The second and third lines cost $15/month per line.
- Every line shares the minutes, text, and data allotment on the selected monthly plan.
- You can change your selected phone plan anytime without additional fees.
Consumer Cellular Customer Service
Consumer Cellular has a great customer service that ranked highest among all non-contract value carriers according to the results of J.D. Power’s.
What Do We Like About Consumer Cellular
- Offers flexible plans, you can change your plan anytime without additional fees.
- No-contract and no overage charges.
- Offers free SIM and free phone activation.
- Affordable shared plans, you can add extra lines for only $15 per line.
- Offers senior-friendly phones.
- Offers discounts and benefits for AARP members.
- Great customer service.
Jitterbug vs Consumer Cellular - Consumer Cellular Jitterbug Phone
Consumer Cellular vs Jitterbug
Jitterbug vs Consumer Cellular - Compare Jitterbug and Consumer Cellular
Jitterbug Phones for Seniors
GreatCall develops two types of cell phones. The first one is the Jitterbug Flip, which is a flip phone that is designed for seniors and you can check out a review for the latest Jitterbug Flip phone. The second type is a smartphone, starting from the Jitterbug Touch series to the new Jitterbug Smart series, which are simplified Android phones for seniors that come with big displays and fonts. Here you’ll find a review for the Jitterbug Smart 2.
Consumer Cellular Phones for SeniorsThe currently available Consumer Cellular phones start from basic phones to top smartphone brands. The Doro phone series offered by Consumer Cellular is the most important for seniors. There are two Doro phones available at the current time the Doro 7050, which is a flip phone for seniors, and the Doro SmartEasy 824, which is a simplified Android smartphone phone for seniors.
You can check out :
GreatCall vs Consumer Cellular - Service Plans
Jitterbug Phone plans
Jitterbug Talk Plans:
- 250 minutes for $15/month.
- 1000 minutes for $20/month.
- 2500 minutes for $30/month.
- Unlimited talk and text for $40 per month.
Jitterbug Text Plans:
- 500 text messages for $3/month.
- 1000 text messages for $5/month.
- 1590 text messages for $10/month.
- Unlimited text messages for $15/month.
Jitterbug Data plans:
- 100MB for $2.5/month.
- 250MB for $5/month.
- 1GB for $10/month.
- 2.5GB for $15/month.
Jitterbug health and Safety Packages:
GreatCall offers the Basic, Preferred, and Ultimate Packages for $20, $25, and $35 per month respectively. For more data about Jitterbug phone plans, you can check out the Jitterbug phone plans and services review.
Consumer Cellular Plans
- 250 minutes for $15 per month.
- Unlimited minutes for $20 per month.
Talk, TEXT, and Data plans
"Plans with 250 minutes and unlimited text messages"
- 500 MB of data for $20 per month.
- 3 GB of data for $25 per month.
- 10 GB of data for $35 per month.
- 15 GB of data for $45 per month.
- unlimited data for $55 per month.
"Plans with unlimited talk and unlimited text messages"
- 500 MB of data for $25 per month.
- 3 GB of data for $30 per month.
- 10 GB of data for $40 per month.
- 15 GB of data for $50 per month.
- unlimited data for $60 per month.
Consumer Cellular Family Plans
- You can add additional lines (up to 2 additional lines per account) for $15/line, per month.
Which is better jitterbug or consumer cellular?
Consumer Cellular Pros
- Runs on reliable networks, AT&T and T-Mobile.
- Excellent US-based customer service via phone.
- Cheap rates for seniors who don’t use their cell phones often.
- Low-cost shared plans, you can add additional lines for $15/line, per month.
- The option to buy time at Target stores.
- Exclusive discounts for AARP members on service plans and phone accessories. For more information visit the AARP cell phones.
- Offers special cell phones for seniors such as the Doro 7050.
Consumer Cellular Cons
Very expensive for heavy cell phone users or who want unlimited talk and text plans.
- High-speed data usage limitation, you can use more data at a lower speed.
- Lack of exceptions such as Apple MMS not working on some AT&T’s MVNOs.
- The Jitterbug phone service (GreatCall service) runs on Verizon’s network.
- Offers flexible plans.
- The Jitterbug phones are the best phones for seniors who are looking for ease-of-use and health/safety features.
- Offers medical and safety services, which are excellent value for senior citizens who live by themselves.
- Excellent customer service.
- Very expensive for heavy cell phone users or who want unlimited talk and text plans.
- More expensive than Consumer Cellular if you’re not planning to get a health and safety package.
Can I use a jitterbug phone with consumer cellular? Or Does Jitterbug work with Consumer Cellular?
If you're asking can jitterbug phones be used with consumer cellular, the answer is no. Jitterbug phone are locked to work with the GreatCall network, which is completely different from than Consumer Cellular network.
That was a brief comparison between Jitterbug phone Consumer Cellular phones for seniors and included the service plans prices.