|Verizon Bundles for Seniors|
You May Also Like:
Verizon Senior plans 2020
Verizon 55+ plan
Verizon Senior Discounts 2020
AT&T landline phone service
free landline phone service for seniors
free internet service for seniors
Verizon Landline Plans for SeniorsThere are no specific Verizon landline plans for seniors. If you are asking about the Verizon FiOS senior discount, you have to know that the FiOS discount is not only for senior citizens it’s available for any triple-play (internet, phone, and TV services) customers who subscribed to plans with internet speed equal to 50Mbps or higher.
Verizon Landline Phone Service options:
- Basic home phone service
- Fios Digital Voice.
- Wireless Voice Link
Verizon Basic Landline Phone ServiceThe Verizon basic landline phone service starts at $10 per month. Depending on where you live, you have to know the available services in your area. Now, most of the areas use Verizon landline phone services through the Fios Digital Voice, which runs through fiber-optic networks. The other areas run services through copper wired networks.
Verizon Voice Link
Verizon Voice Link is another option to get home phone service from Verizon Wireless. In this wireless option, the service transfers as a wireless signal to an installed Wireless Home Phone unit called the Voice Link device, which comes with a backup battery for power outage cases. This service doesn’t need internet and is compatible with corded phones and cordless phones.
Verizon Home Phone Service PlansFreedom Essentials Plans
The Verizon Freedom Essentials provides unlimited local and domestic long-distance calling. You can make calls across the United States and to Puerto Rico, and Canada. This plan allows you to get popular calling features and is for residential customers, which means it’s not available for business customers.
The Freedom Essentials allows you to
- Combines unlimited local and regional toll.
- Get a nationwide long-distance calling.
- You can get 5 popular calling features
- Home Voice Mail
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- 3-Way Calling
The Verizon Regional Essentials plan comes with the same services as the Verizon Freedom Essentials plan except the long-distance feature. If you only need local calling, this plan may be your choice.
Verizon Freedom Value Plan
The Verizon Freedom Value provides unlimited local and domestic long-distance calling. You can make calls Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, and Canada. This plan comes with no calling features and is for residential customers, which means it’s not available for business customers.
Verizon Regional Value Plan
The Verizon Regional Value plan comes with nationwide Verizon home phone service and the same services as the Verizon Freedom Value plan except
Unlimited Local and Toll Calling Plans
It gives you the option to add unlimited calling plans to your phone landline service.
You can get long-distance calls including Puerto Rico and Canada.
Verizon FiOS Landline Plans
The Fios digital voice plan offers a more reliable network service and gives you more control over your account and privacy by offering enhanced calling features. To be eligible for this service, it must be available in your area and you must have Fios internet service or TV service. Verizon offers the Fios Digital Voice at $20 per month.
Fios Home Phone Plans offer
- Unlimited nationwide calling.
- Free extra features such as listening to your voicemails as audio files attached to your email.
- Make international calls through different international calling plans (will be discussed below).
Verizon Landline Calling Features
The calling features you get depends on what Landline plan you’re on. Traditional phone plans may come with no calling features or come with select features and you have to pay to get other features. Also, the Fios Digital Voice offers many enhanced calling features with no extra cost and offers other features with additional fees.
Below are some features that you can get with Verizon Landline service
- Caller ID.
- Call Waiting.
- Block anonymous callers.
- You can forward incoming calls to another telephone number.
- Voice Mail
- Listen to your voicemails as audio files attached to your email.
- Call Waiting ID.
- Do Not Disturb.
- Speed Dialing;
- Make three Way Calling.
- Caller ID with name.
- Call logs.
- Backup Number.
- Phone Book and Calendar with Synchronization to Outlook.
- International Call Block.
- Place a Call.
- Schedule Call.
- Privacy Control.
Prevent your name and phone number from displaying on other customers' phones.
Prevent your name, your phone number, and your address from displaying on the phone directory.
Verizon FIOS BundlesFirst, we have to mention that there is no Verizon FiOS senior discount, and there are no especial Verizon bundles for seniors. Verizon Wireless gives you the option to choose your bundle. You can bundle both FiOS Digital Voice and FiOS Internet to obtain bundling prices. You can add the FiOS TV and save more money with the FIOS Triple Play bundles. If you order the bundle online, Verizon states that you won’t pay the setup charge.
Verizon Home Phone International Plans
All the reviewed international plans are available for both traditional landline and Fios Digital Voice users except the International Per-Minute Plan, which is only for Fios Digital Voice users.
City Rates Plan
With this plan you pay a monthly fee and get low per-minute rates, the price varies by the called destination.
Landline International Per-Minute Plan
This plan is for Verizon Fios Digital Voice users, you get low per-minute rates and the price varies by the called destination. Unlike the City Rate Plan, the monthly fee is included with the Fios Digital Voice plan.
Landline International World Plan 300
Add up to 300 minutes of calling to 120 countries and destinations including up to 98 countries for calls to cellphones.
The plan price is $10 per month if you are on Triple play with an unlimited phone plan or $15 per month if you are not on an unlimited phone plan.
Landline International World Plan 500
Add up to 500 minutes of calling to 120 countries and destinations including up to 98 countries for calls to cellphones.
The plan price is $14.99 per month if you are on Triple play with an unlimited phone plan or $19.99 per month if you are not on an unlimited phone plan.
Verizon Home Phone Bundles and DealsVerizon Wireless gives you the option to choose your bundle. But Verizon bundles vary from an area to another.
Verizon FIOS Bundles
First, we have to mention that there is no Verizon Fios senior discount, and there are no especial Verizon bundles for seniors. If the Fios service is available in your area, Verizon offers the Fios Digital Voice at $20 per month. You must have a Fios internet service or TV service to get the Home Phone at the announced price. You can bundle both Digital Voice and Internet to obtain bundling prices. You can add the Fios TV and save more money with the Triple Play bundles. If you order the bundle online, Verizon states that you won’t pay the setup charge.
Depending on the area where you live, you'll find a set of TV options and internet speeds.
Fios Home Phone option
- Home Phone for $20 per month, must be selected with internet or TV or both.
- Verizon Protect Home for $25 per month, must be selected with internet or TV or both.
Fios internet options
- Internet 200 Mbps speed for $39.99 per month.
- Internet 400 Mbps speed for $59.99 per month.
- Internet Gigabit Connect speed for $79.99 per month.
Fios TV options
- Fios TV Test Drive for $50 per month for 425+ channels for 60 days, then Verizon recommends a line up for you.
- Your Fios TV Drive for $50 per month for 125+ channels, you select five favorite channels, then Verizon recommends a package for you.
- More Fios TV for $70 per month for 300+ channels.
- The Most Fios TV for $90 per month for 425+ channels.
Below are two examples for the Verizon home phone double and triple bunndles at 200Mbps internet speed. The internet speed and Verizon deals and packages may be different in your area.
Fios Double Play Bundle (Internet + Home Phone)
- Internet 200 + Home phone at speeds up to 200/200 Mbps for $59.99 per month.
- Internet 400 + Home phone at speeds up to 400/400 Mbps for $79.99 per month.
- Internet Gigabit Connection+ Home phone at speeds up to 980/880 Mbps for $99.99 per month.
Fios Triple Play bundle (TV + Home Phone)
- Internet 200 + Fios TV Test Drive + Phone for $109.99 per month.
- Internet 200 + Your Fios TV + Phone for $109.99 per month.
- Internet 200 + More Fios TV + Phonefor $129.99 per month.
- Internet 200 + The Most Fios TV + Phone for $149.99 per month.
Verizon Fios served states andcities
- New York: Albany, Buffalo, Long Island, New York, Syracuse.
- New Jersey: Jersey City.
- Massachusetts: Boston.
- Washington DC: Washington, DC.
- Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia.
- Virginia: Richmond, Alexandria, Arlington.
- Delaware: Wilmington.
Verizon High Speed Internet vs Verizon Fios Internet
Verizon offers internet with two different technologies. The first is the DSL technology, which provides the Verizon High Speed Internet (HSI) and the second technology is the fiber optics, which provides the Fios internet. The DSL internet speeds are much slower than fiber internet speeds. Each type may be available in some areas and not in other areas.
Verizon High Speed Internet Plans
Verizon offers one high speed internet plan that comes with the maximum speed varying from 3 Mbps to 15 Mbps depending on where you live.
Verizon High Speed Internet Plan features and pricing
- Download Speed Up to 15 Mbps depending on your location.
- No Data Caps.
- The connection type is DSL.
- Monthly price is $49.99
- You pay $59.98 as an upfront fee (you pay $29.99 upfront for the modem + $29.99 activation Fee).
- Setup Activation waived if you purchase the bundle online.
- This plan is not available in all areas.
You can combine Verizon landline and internet to save money.
Verizon Home Phone and High Speed Internet Bundle
The Double Play Bundle Combines Verizon High Speed Internet and Verizon Freedom Essentials plan.
You get Verizon home phone and internet with the following features:
- Unlimited Calling Plan includes nationwide calling and calls to mobile.
- Download Speed Up to 15 Mbps (between 1.1-3 Mbps, 3.1-7 Mbps, or 7.1-15 Mbps depending on your area)
- No Data Caps.
- The connection type is DSL.
- Monthly price is $69.99 plus $59.98 upfront fee (you pay $29.99 upfront for the modem + $29.99 activation Fee).
- Setup Activation waived if you purchase the bundle online.