Verizon Wireless Plans for SeniorsVerizon Wireless is one of the major four cell phone providers in the United States. The nationwide coverage and network stability make Verizon the right choice for those who need the best connectivity. Getting a discount from Verizon Wireless means you get a reliable wireless service at a reasonable price. Below we’ll start by reviewing the Verizon 55 plus plan, then Verizon nationwide 65 plus plan.
Verizon 55 Plus planVerizon Wireless offers the Verizon 55 plus plan as a new phone plan for people who are 55 years of age and older. This is an unlimited Verizon plan for seniors that offers unlimited nationwide calling, texting, and data at 4G LTE speeds. With this plan, senior citizens can save $15 per month when getting a single line and $50 per month when getting two lines compared to Verizon’s regular prices. It’s a good deal but has some restrictions that will be explained below.
If you are interesting about making calls to Canada and Mexico, with Verizon’s Unlimited 55+ plan you do that without paying more money. Let’s preview what the Verizon 55 plus plan does offer.
Verizon Unlimited 55+ plan - What You Get?
- Unlimited talk, text, and data at 4G LTE speeds.
- Calling to Mexico and Canada included.
- You can stream video at DVD quality.
- Unlimited Hotspot at speed up to 600 kbps.
Verizon 55+ Unlimited plan Pricing
- Single line: For $60 per month with an auto-pay discount, the regular Verizon Go Unlimited plan rate is $75, so you save $15 per month.
- Two lines: For $80 per month with an auto-pay discount, the regular Verizon Go Unlimited plan rate is $130, so you save $50 per month.
- Taxes and fees not included.
Verizon 55 plus Plan Requirements and Restrictions
- The account holder must be 55 of age or over.
- The account holder must have a billing address at Florida, Missouri, Illinois, Texas, or Detroit, Michigan.
- You must have at least one phone on your account.
- The maximum number of lines per account is two.
How to Enroll in the Plan?
- Existing Verizon’s customers can switch by calling the customer service at (800) 922-0204 or visit any Verizon locale store.
- New Verizon’s customers have to verify the age and the address and can sign up online, by calling the customer service at (800) 922-0204 or visit any Verizon locale store.
Verizon Cell Phone Plans for SeniorsVerizon nationwide 65+ plan is a two-year contract cell phone plan for seniors offered by the Verizon Wireless. This plan is for 65 years old and older senior citizens. Some of the older people usually need a few minutes and rarely use the text messaging service. The Verizon nationwide 65 plus plan offers 200 minutes as an essential package with the option to add a separate text message plan if you need to send and receive messages or a data plan if you need to surf the web or stream videos. Keep reading to know more about Verizon’s cell phone plans for seniors.
Verizon Nationwide 65 plus PlanTalking Plans
With the Verizon nationwide 65 plus plan, the single line provides 200 minutes you can use them anytime plus 500 minutes you can use them on nights and weekends, and you will pay $29.99 a month. If you need more minutes, you will pay $0.45/minute.
With the Verizon senior phone plans, you can add a second line, the two lines will share 450 minutes that can be used anytime plus 1000 minutes can be used on nights and weekends, for $59.9 per month. Additional minutes will cost you $0.45/minute.
The Verizon senior plan offers the same message packages for both the single and two lines; you can pay $0.2 per text message or $0.25 Multimedia (picture or video) Message. The next option is to get 1000 messages for $10 a month, $0.1 for the additional message. Also, you can get unlimited messages for $20 a month.
- The Verizon nationwide 65 Plus plan offers several data plans, which start as little as 75 MB for $10 a month to 12 GB for $100.
- The 75 MB package is recommended for seniors using a basic cell phone.
- Light internet users can use the 2GB package for $30 a month to connect to social media and web browsing.
- Users who like video and music streaming should choose to start from the 5 GB package, which costs $50 a month.
Verizon Senior Plans 2020The only available Verizon senior plan in 2020 is the Verizon 55+ plan. The Verizon nationwide 65+ plan is now available for current Verizon’s customers who have the plan and is not available for new customers. For seniors who need data the 65+ plan will be expensive compared to plans from other providers and Verizon itself.
Verizon Cell Phones for SeniorsCell phones have become a growing part of the people's modern living, some of the cell phones are designed to fit specific age needs. The specially designed cell phones for seniors aim to suit the senior citizen’s needs and lifestyle. Verizon offers a wide range of cell phones starting from basic phones to the latest smartphones. Check out the best Verizon flip phones for seniors 2020.
For smartphone users who need an unlimited plan or don’t about how much minutes or data is remaining, the Verizon 55 plus plan is a good option, it’s not the cheapest unlimited plan for seniors but you get a reliable wireless service and nationwide coverage that you can count on.