Here we are going to talk about the best cell phones for seniors in 2018, here we will discuss the cell phones that were designed with seniors in mind to provide an easy-to-use experience and provide safety features that can be used in the emergency cases, for sure this phones are created by companies that catering the senior market by offering a senior-friendly cell phones along with affordable plans. Let’s dive in each cell phone reviewing their features.
Doro PhoneEasy 626 - Easy-to-use Cell Phone for Seniors
The Doro PhoneEasy 626 is an easy-to-use flip cell phone from Consumer Cellular and is recommended as on of the best cell phones for seniors, the Consumer Cellular company targeting the senior market and its phones come with many features to help seniors to comfortably use their phones. The Doro PhoneEasy 626 cares with seniors safety and provides a good feature like:
- Big easy-to-use keypad buttons, speed dial buttons.
- High contrast color screen with large font, and external display screen to show notifications.
- Loud speaker phone for loud calls.
- Hands free via Bluetooth.
- Easy-to-access emergency button.
- 3.2 megapixel camera.
- Check out the Doro PhoneEasy 626 review
As you see this senior cell phone combines between safety options and some of the advanced options such as the digital camera and bluetooth technology, this cell phone will cost you $50 .
Jitterbug Flip - Best Flip Phones for Seniors
This cell phone is one of the best cell phones for seniors provided from GreatCall, this flip cell phone is manufactured by Samsung and is designed to cater to the seniors needs, it provides many good features that make it easy to use such as:
- Easy to deal with the big numbers, backlit dialing keypad.
- Has a voice dialing capabilities to make calls by your voice.
- High contrast color screen with big, bright numbers, that makes it easy to see and read.
- Additional external screen.
- More easy by using Yes or No buttons to access the phone option and menus.
- Amplified speaker for louder calls, hands free listening and talking and are hearing aid compatible.
- Long life battery.
This senior friendly cell phone will cost you $99. As GreatCall Wireless cater to the needs of the senior citizens, it also offers affordable plans with 5Star Urgent Response service, by press the 5 button and the star button on your Jitterbug keypad, you’ll connect immediately to a Response Agent to help you as 24/7 Monitoring Service.
- Check out the Jitterbug Flip review
Snapfōn ezTWO3G - Large Button Cell Phones for Seniors
Snapfon is one of the companies that catering the seniors market and create the Snapfon ezTWO3G cell phone which is designed with seniors in mind, it is an easy-to-use phone for seniors that comes with big buttons, emergency alert button, and has many other features like:
- Speaking keypad with big, easy to read and easy to activate buttons, and also has 8 Speed Dial Keys.
- Loud speaker phone for louder calls and is Hearing Aid Compatible.
- Low Battery Warning System and very simple menus.
- SOS Emergency Alert, you can use to alert up to 5 responders by voice and text messages or to alert who is near you by a siren in emergency cases.
- High power LED flashlight.
- Check out the Snapfon ezTWO full review
Also Snapfon offers a low cost plans that provide one button press to connect you to its 24/7 Mobile Monitoring Service.
You can get the ezTWO3G for free if you participate in any of the Snapfon plans and you will also pay $35 activation fee for one time. Also, you can get the ezTWO3G unlocked to be used with a service of your choice for $79.99.
JUST5 Brick - Special-designed Cell Phones for Seniors
The Just5 Brick is a well designed cell phone for seniors, it operates on GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile or any other compatible GSM carrier, this phone can not be used with CDMA carriers like Verizon and Sprint. The Just5 phone is a basic cell phone for seniors that has big buttons and SOS emergency button that can be easily activated at the emergency and can care with the important senior's needs.
- Speaking keypad with big, easy to activate buttons.
- Loudspeakers and is hearing aid compatible.
- Built in LED flashlight.
- FM Radio that works without using the earphones.
- Long life battery up to 8 hours in talking.
- SOS Emergency Alert button, you can use to alert up to 5 responders by text messages ,then start calling them one by one.
- Recommended: Best smartphones for seniors
Ownfone - Simple Cell Phones for Seniors
- Big and 3D printed buttons, click on the picture or the text to make calls.
- The handset comes in many colors.
- Up to 12 contact buttons.
- A button to activate the speaker phone function.
- Long life battery.
- Emergency Alert button.
This list of the best cell phones for seniors 2018 will be updated as a new cell phones for seniors launched and deserve to join the list.